Monday, February 14, 2011

Watercolor

Yesterday was a watercolor day. I take painting classes at the local Arts Center with a wonderful teacher and Thursday afternoons are devoted to painting. Besides getting instruction , I enjoy the give and take of working with other students.









I love color. I love to squeeze the pure colors onto my pallette. I love to drop colors onto a wet sheet of paper and watch them run and mix and do what they want. Of course, I have to control it to a certain degree in order to accomplish what I want. But I almost always get something wonderful that I did not expect.


Painting is about balance: far and near, dark and light, hard and soft, warm and cool. I am nowhere near to mastering it but I improve with every finished piece.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I should take classes...remember when we took potting? Loved it!

    ReplyDelete