Saturday, January 22, 2011

Beads

Beads are fun.  They are tiny little design elements that can be combined in infinite ways to create an artistic statement.  I enjoy mixing and matching beads; trying a variety of combinations until just the right one surfaces.  Many sizes and shapes and all colors...it is a joy and a challenge to find the right design.


Earrings are generally faster to make than a necklace or bracelet, and an evening of work will result in three or more pair.  Recently I have begun pairing charms with beads to create earrings with a specific theme.  I am starting to look beyond my bead box for other design elements that can incorporated into my work.


In the three years that I have been making jewelry, I have given pieces as gifts to almost everyone I know.  My mother has earrings to match every one of her outfits.  My jewelry box is overflowing.  What to do with all these beads?  My daughter-in-law, Katie, suggested that I open an online store.  After a lot of thought I decided to go for it.  Now I am an entrepreneur.


http://www.bluegatorjewelry.etsy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment